Re: SVG animations without SMIL

From: Brian Birtles <bbirtles@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 15:26:38 +0900
To: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
CC: Paul LeBeau <paul.lebeau@gmail.com>
On 2015/06/04 14:48, Paul LeBeau wrote:
> Brian wrote:
>  > When you actually go to author content though, you very often need
> anchor points or some way of describing *how* you want to go from A to B.
>

> That's true, but I don't think that is something an SVG renderer should
> need to worry about.

If we're going to be doing segment normalization and subdivision already
(as Shane suggested), it's a small step from there to support anchor points.

You suggested tools could easily adjust the src and dest paths, so
what's your concern with having the SVG user agent do that?

I'd rather not add something to CSS that is all but impossible to author
by hand.