Re: Expected behavior for stroke-dasharray="0"

From: Robert Longson <longsonr@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 07:18:55 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org, amelia.bellamy.royds@gmail.com
> > If the sum of the values is zero, then the stroke is rendered as if a
> > value of none were specified.
> http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/painting.html#StrokeDasharrayProperty <http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/painting.html#StrokeDasharrayProperty>

> Which makes the behavior you mention definitely a bug.  Out of curiosity,
> which browser is not currently displaying the stroke in this case?

You are reading the above sentence as if it was written

If the sum of the values is zero, then the stroke is rendered as if a
value of none were specified for the stroke-dasharray.

I contend that its unclear whether the first sentence means that the
value of none
is a stroke of none (since the sentence explicitly mentions stroke)
or a stroke-dasharray of none.

Firefox is like this because Jonathan and I both read the sentence as having the
former meaning which is why we'd like it changed to the form I've
suggested if that's
the intended interpretation.

Robert