[css-images] Generated noise image

From: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 14:39:21 +0000
To: "<www-style@w3.org>" <www-style@w3.org>, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
+ Cross posting to inform folks on www-svg

Hi,

A while back ago we discussed a noise filter function for Filter Effects on the SVG WG. SVG Filters have a Perlin noise filter: feTurbulence.

feTurbulence was identified for not being hardware acceleration friendly and the SVG WG was requested to come up with a different noise algorithm.

Some members requested to create a new CSS image function instead of creating a new filter to generate noise. I would like to know if there is still interest in a noise image function.

Greetings,
Dirk