Re: Status of connectors for SVG2

Hello once again,

Juergen Roethig wrote:

>> [...]
>>
>> [4] http://jroethig.de/geolog/connector.html
>
> [...]

I do have another "usecase", although this usecase is rather general:
Whenever you want to draw a line, or connection, between coordinates
given in different transformation contexts, you might use reference
points - and this problem is not solved by my simple XSLT based
demonstrator with all its limitations.

According to my knowledge, a line between points with coordinates given
in different transformation contexts is impossible to code in current
SVG without prior complex calculations - at least for one point, you
have to calculate the coordinates with all the transformations performed
on it. Or is there another solution for that problem in current SVG,
which I might have not thought of, so far?

Regards,

Juergen Roethig

P.S.: Now, to demonstrate that usecase, I am thinking of another
demonstrator implemented in JavaScript. But I am not sure whether I
really want to try it ... and it will take somewhat longer, for sure ;-)