Re: Cairo and ISO C++

On Jan 21, 2014, at 10:47 AM, Tavmjong Bah <tav.w3c@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is a proposal before the ISO C++ standards group for a technical
> specification for 2D graphics based on the Cairo API.[1][2] It seems to
> have gained some traction. My question here is what is missing in the
> Cairo API that would be useful for rendering SVG?

WebKit was able to implement SVG support on top of Cairo graphics. The main issue at the time was the missing support for filter operations similar to the operations from SVG Filters.

I think Mozilla had concerns about a stateless vs stateful graphics API in the past which made them partly move away from using the Cairo API. Maybe that is a concern to discuss?

Greetings,
Dirk