viewport-fill vs background-color (Was: Re: The (new, enhanced) viewbox property)

From: Erik Dahlström <ed@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 16:13:31 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org, "Robert Longson" <longsonr@gmail.com>
On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 14:43:19 +0100, Robert Longson <longsonr@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think SVG 2 should not support viewport-fill, intead it should support
> the standard CSS background-color property if something like
> viewport-fill
> is needed.
>
> Robert

See http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/SVG2_Requirements_Commitments
item #89. It was discussed[1], but it hasn't yet been defined, and it was
later on postponed[2]. It looked like the discussions were in line with
what you are requesting.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2012/07/23-svg-minutes.html#item01
[2] http://www.w3.org/2013/02/07-svg-minutes.html#item06

--
Erik Dahlstrom, Web Technology Developer, Opera Software
Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group