Re: The (new, enhanced) viewbox property

Tab wrote:
>  It's completely allowed by the specs to do so.

That's true, but it no-one does. Because:

a) The SVG spec basically defers to CSS, and CSS strongly encourages you to
use 96dpi.
b) It you don't default to 96, many SVG files break.  Including some
examples in the spec.

Perhaps it would be worthwhile to add a flag to the SVG2 spec.  Something
like:

<svg physicalUnits="css" />

"css" - the default, means current behaviour (ie. 96)
"device" - determined from the device DPI (if available, else 96).

Paul