Re: Missing values in SVGPathElement API: What to do?

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 00:06:46 -0400
To: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
CC: "www-svg@w3.org" <www-svg@w3.org>
On 10/24/13 11:06 PM, Dirk Schulze wrote:
> Well, it uses float and not unrestricted float. Therefore NaN values shouldn’t be accepted. Am I wrong?

No, you're right.  If it's using "float" and someone passes in NaN or
something that coerces to NaN (like undefined), then you'll get an
exception.  You can see that in a current Gecko:

   document.createElementNS("http://www.w3.org/2000/svg",
"path").createSVGPathSegCurvetoCubicAbs(undefined, undefined, undefined,
undefined, undefined, undefined)
   TypeError: Argument 1 of
SVGPathElement.createSVGPathSegCurvetoCubicAbs is not a finite
floating-point value.

-Boris