Re: [filter-effects] resolution dependent filter primitives

On 2013-11-27 11:56, lcff wrote:
> Dear community
>
> I'm a web developer who has been following the recent events regarding the
> removal of FilterRes with a bit of concern. The reason is that my latest Web
> App, in which I've been working hard for quite some time, makes heavy use of
> SVG filters and also essential use of the FilterRes parameter. In fact, in
> my app FilterRes is key. Going into the details as to why would be long, i
> just would like to say:
Would you be able to give an example of where you needed to tweak the
filter resolution? Essentially the idea is that in principle most
filters in SVG are resolution independent, so that it might be best left
to the user agent to determine the optimal resolution for the current
display and available computing power. So if you have a case where you
heavily rely on using filterRes, it might be interesting to see in some
more detail why you're relying on filterRes. Perhaps it's something that
was missed so far, perhaps there is a better way to achieve the same
effect; we won't know until we see an example of what you mean.