Re: Turning image interpolation off.

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 8:27 AM, Tavmjong Bah <tav.w3c@gmail.com> wrote:
> A few comments and questions about the CSS Images spec:
>
> 1. It isn't completely clear the difference between 'crips-edges' and
> 'pixelated' on up-scaling. Will they result in essentially the same
> image on up-scaling? A figure here would be of great help.

Depends on the browsers.  "pixelated" has a specific required
implemenation, but "crisp-edges" can be smarter/prettier, using
pixel-art scaling algorithms.

I agree on the need for a figure - I've got a good one that I use in
talks that I really need to copy into the spec.

> 2. It might be better to treat 'optimizeSpeed' as 'crisp-edges'. That
> would seem to match what Firefox currently does.

I've received feedback both ways.  I can log this as an issue and get
some more feedback.

> 3. What is the time frame for this spec? How stable is it?

It varies per feature.  This particular feature is intended to be
stable, though until public implementations appear it's still possible
to change.

~TJ