Re: [css-compositing] new Editor's draft posted -> update

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 8:17 PM, Michael Mullany <michael@sencha.com> wrote:

> David,
>
> I've been doing a lot of SVG filters across the edge browsers, and I'm
> happy to say that the compliance rate has become pretty great. Webkit/blink
> has the most bugs but I've been filing them against Chromium as they come
> up and they've been getting fixed gradually. enable-background (ironically
> given the current discussion) is probably the biggest feature area that
> needs catchup (only implemented in IE10 and opera (for now)). (as an aside
> - filter animation performance with SMIL on IE10 is actually pretty
> spectacular.)
>
> Sadly, the "trapdoor" support for SVG filters to be applied to DOM content
> via the url(#filter) mechanism is very incomplete in webkit/blink right now
> - only color transformations feComponentTransfer & feColorMatrix seem to be
> working.

Hmm, that's odd. Please do file bugs as you come across them (as you have
been doing, thanks!) For non-accelerated content, all of the SVG filters on
HTML content should now be working in Chrome Stable, with the exception of
feImage which required filter-primitive-subregion support to be
implemented, and should be working in the latest Canary.

For accelerated content (<video>, <canvas>, CSS 3D transforms, WebGL,
etc), most
of them should be present and accelerated in Chrome 27 except feBlend,
feComposite, feTile, feImage (as above), and feTurbulence. The current
Chrome Canary adds support for feBlend, feComposite (except "arithmetic"
mode), and feImage. You can also follow along on this tracking bug if you
like:  http://crbug.com/227470.

Stephen

(I would really like to see the new blend modes added into SVG because they