Re: [css-compositing]new Editor's draft posted

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 11:28 AM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:

> From http://www.myprovence.fr/en#p_home, notice the pulldown tab that
> says "An event MP2013".
> The designer had to rasterize this to an image because there's no way to
> draw this with CSS. If he had blending, he could have drawn the text as a
> black div with white glyphs and apply a 'darken' blend mode. This blend
> mode would pick the darkest color, which in this case would be the clouds
> and the sky of the backdrop.

Are you talking about the text which has been "knocked out" of the tab?
Couldn't this be drawn with SVG? Such "knock-outs" could be drawn with
filters too.

http://www.hardlycode.com/pages/barracuda-tacos
> Notice how the text inherits the texture (probably an overlay blend mode).
> To get this effect people have to rasterize text in photoshop and place it
> precisely.

Filters could be used here.

https://developer.apple.com/wwdc/
> This is again an image, but it could be implemented as a bunch of rotated
> div's with rounded corners, filled with different colors (gradients?) and a
> multiply blend.

OK, although this makes more sense as a feature for SVG images.

> http://www.chipotle.com/en-US/Default.aspx?type=default
> There are many subtle blend modes on this page.
> I'll pick out the most obvious on. Pull on the tab and hover over the
> flash animation. The rays of the sun are using a 'screen' animation.
> (opacity would darken the rays)

OK, thanks.

Rob
--
q“qIqfq qyqoquq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qyqoquq,q qwqhqaqtq
qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq