Re: [svg2] make foreignObject a graphics element

Hello Erik,

> Robert Longson discovered in [1] that foreignObject is neither a 'graphics
> element' nor a 'container element' in svg at the moment. The consequence
> being that some properties that normally apply to rendering elements don't
> apply to foreignObject, such as 'filter', 'mask' and 'clip-path' to name
> just a few. I think this is an oversight that should be corrected, most
> implementations do apply these properties to foreignObject already (as if
> it was a 'graphics element'), see [2] and [3].

I suspect that its not so much an oversight, more that it was seen to
be in neither of those categories because its used by another markup
language.

However, as an interface element, it needs to have an SVG category 'on
the outside' and be owned by the other language 'on the inside'. I
agree that it should be seen as a graphics element in that context.

--
Best regards,