Re: Handling of <view> element

Paul,

>From http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/linking.html#ViewElement

Any view specification attributes included on the given
‘view’<http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/linking.html#ViewElement>element
override the corresponding view specification attributes on the
closest ancestor ‘svg’
<http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/struct.html#SVGElement>element.

So you have an <svg> with a viewBox of the view. And inner <svg> elements
are overflow: hidden per
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/masking.html#OverflowProperty

So I think Batik is wrong and the rest of us are right

Robert.