Re: Handling of <view> element

Yes sorry. I should have supplied an example in my original post.

Try the following example which is from the IE documentation [1]:

http://www.paullebeau.com/svg2/test_view.svg

The green border is a <rect> with width and height set to 100%.  If you
view the above URL in Chrome, FF or IE and click on the "[double size]" or
"[half size]" link you should see that the border is surrounding the view
rather than the document.

You can also see that the contents are clipped to the view despite their
being nothing in the document that says to do that.

Paul

[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-nz/library/ie/ff972134(v=vs.85).aspx