Hi, David-

Firefox is correct [1]:

[[
comma-wsp:
     (wsp+ comma? wsp*) | (comma wsp*)

wsp:
     (#x20 | #x9 | #xD | #xA)

curveto:
     ( "C" | "c" ) wsp* curveto-argument-sequence
curveto-argument-sequence:
     curveto-argument
     | curveto-argument comma-wsp? curveto-argument-sequence
curveto-argument:
     coordinate-pair comma-wsp? coordinate-pair comma-wsp? coordinate-pair
]]

That said, I think the behavior of the other browsers is less strict and
probably preferable... in this case, the delimiter should be any
combination of spaces and at most one optional comma.

As a follow-up, would you expect this to work?

  d="… 300 400 C, 300 600 … "

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG2/paths.html#PathDataBNF

Regards-
-Doug