Re: [filter-effects] color-interpolation-filters

You read my mind. I'm working in this area in WebKit right now and am also
confused about the expected behavior. My plan is to try to match Opera and
Mozilla, as they seem to agree on feDisplacementMap behavior. It would be
nice if I did not have to reverse engineer the spec.

Another question: Does the color-interpolation-filter property get applied
before or after premultiplied/un-premultipled color conversion? Because
color space conversions are non-linear, the results vary depending on the
order of operations.

When you talk about feFlood, I would expect the color is defined in sRGB
space, but then it could be converted to linearRGB for the fill if the
color-interpolation-filters indicates to do so. What happens next depends
on how the flood is used, but if you just display it I'm guessing that the
results are converted back to sRGB for display, leaving you with the
appearance of ignoring the color-interpolation-filter (i.e. Opera and
Mozilla are right).

Stephen.