Re: new SVGMatrix() should return the identity matrix

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 15:07:13 -0800
To: "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org>
Cc: Eric Seidel <eseidel@chromium.org>, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>, Philip Rogers <pdr@chromium.org>, Stephen Chenney <schenney@chromium.org>, Erik Dahlström <ed@opera.com>
On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
> Why can't some undefined parameters be declared to default to 1.0?
> JS-implemented APIs could do that.

It feels weird for that to happen.  It's possible, yeah, but if
you're, say, filling in each component with a function call that might
return null/undefined, it seems strange that some of them will go 0
when you pass undefined and some will go 1.

However, I don't think I've got a strong opinion against this.

~TJ