Fwd: hasFeature revisited

Used the wrong mailing list for SVG...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 4:30 PM, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:
> How many sites are we talking about here? From what I can tell, the site
> referenced in the bug report has been fixed. With no other known sites being
> affected, I suggest we keep the spec as is for now.
>
> I tried searching http://webdevdata.org/ data-dec2012.zip for
> ".createLSParser(", no results, and ".hasFeature(" only had "XPath" and two
> SVG features. Although the data set is limited, of course, so it doesn't
> tell us much.

SVG guys, what are you doing with feature strings these days? Has the
time come where it can be completely obsoleted? Having hasFeature()
simply always return true, without an exception for SVG, would be even
better I think. See also:
http://dom.spec.whatwg.org/#dom-domimplementation-hasfeature

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/