Re: ACTION-3388: Investigating ArcThrough

Robin Berjon:
> this all seems good to me — it's certainly an improvement. Just one
> question:
>
> On 20/09/2012 09:01 , Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>> 1. When the "through" point is colinear with the start and end points.
>>   This one is really easy because it just defines a circle with
>> infinite radius, which usually goes by the name "line".  If the
>> "through" point is between the other two, it devolves to a lineTo
>> between the start and end point; if the "through" point is on either
>> end of the other two, it's the infinite line through those two points,
>> minus the segment connecting them.
>
> This appears to introduce as a side-effect the ability to draw an
> infinite line, which we don't currently have. I just wanted to point
> this out to make sure that it does not cause any issues.

It makes it unclear how patterns and gradients would paint, if they are
using objectBoundingBox units.  Various DOM methods that don't currently
return Infinity can now do so (getComputedPathLength(), getBBox()
properties).

Also, what if you have a marker-end that references an overflow:visible
<marker> that itself includes an infinite line?