W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-svg@w3.org > July 2012

Minutes July 12, 2012 SVG WG Telcon

From: Cyril Concolato <cyril.concolato@telecom-paristech.fr>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 23:25:18 +0200 (CEST)
To: SVG public list <www-svg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <940a9674-1fdc-46a3-a562-658aa7561dab@zmail120>


and as text:

SVG Working Group Teleconference

12 Jul 2012


See also: IRC log



meeting times for the Seattle/Paris F2F
agenda topics
HTML Media Capture API
Summary of Action Items
<trackbot> Date: 12 July 2012
<scribe> scribe: Cyril
<scribe> scribeNick: Cyril
meeting times for the Seattle/Paris F2F

<ed> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2012JulSep/0003.html
Cyril: I'm fine with both options
ed: I prefer the first option
... but ok with both
rik: the kitchen is not open before 8 in the morning
brian: I'm ok with option 1
... I can wait for the breakfast and get a coffee on the way
nikos: option 1 is fine
cyril: I'll prefer option 1
rik: I don't know if Dirk has planned anything special for breakfast
... but I'm sure there is no problem if everybody is ok
<ed> Original plan: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2012AprJun/0063.html
resolution: we will go for option 1 for the meeting time
agenda topics

<ed> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/F2F/Seattle_Paris_2012/Agenda_proposals
ed: I see that there are more topics on the wiki page
... but there is room for more
cyril: I've added a topic about HTML 5 video and SVG
rik: might intersect with Brian's work
brian: yes, I have some ideas that we can talk about
ed: there is some discussion on the SVG list about compositing but maybe that's over now
brian: I'll try to give an update on mapping stuff
... I can give an update too on web animations
HTML Media Capture API

<shepazu> http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-html-media-capture-20120712/
doug: it's in last call
... I think we should review it
<shepazu> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Jul/0031.html
doug: I've sent some comments from the audio perspective
... from the SVG perspective it's notable that the API or the new attribute on the input element
... camera, camcorder, microphone and file system
... this is an HTML only functionality, you could not request that from SVG
... given that most SVG viewer will be HTML viewer, that might not be a problem
... you'd have to mix SVG and HTML to be able to use it in SVG
brian: at the last F2F, we pushed SVG to get more integrated in HTML
... this sounds to me like another reason to integrate more closely
cyril: it's very short !
ed: it uses the input element, so there is a form or a widget of some sort
doug: yes, there is an example in the spec
Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2012/07/12 21:23:37 $
Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/sound system/file system/
Found Scribe: Cyril
Inferring ScribeNick: cyril
Found ScribeNick: Cyril

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: Doug_Schepers brian cyril doug ed nikos rik scribeNick shepazu trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2012JulSep/0004.html

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 12 Jul 2012
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/07/12-svg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]
Received on Thursday, 12 July 2012 21:25:47 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 22:54:36 UTC