Re: [svg2] radialGradient @fr constraints

Just as a note, Firefox and WebKit never let the focus be on the circle itself. Both have a small offset. Your can see that on huge radial gradients. There would be to much noise without this offset.

Note that the HTML Canvas spec did not specify what happens for focus points outside of the radius for a long time. Even if the behavior is specified now, it looks totally different on every browser.

Browsers are limited to the underlaying graphics library. Even if some cases can be special cased, it won't work on all cases. I would suggest to continue disallowing the focus point to be outside of the radius circle and extend this definition for focal radius as well to have compatible implementations. We could go on with the definition of HTML Canvas, but would risk different behavior on different implementations.

Greetings,
Dirk