Re: feColorMatrix type="saturate"

On Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 4:59:07 PM, Erik wrote:

ED> On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 22:22:04 +0200, David Dailey
ED> <ddailey@zoominternet.net> wrote:

>> Values above 1.0 should, as Opera does, oversaturate the image. Values
>> under
>> 0 should reflect the chroma (but not the luminance? If I see what is
>> going
>> on here).

I agree that being able to increase as well as decrease saturation is desirable and common behaviour. The restriction to 0..1.0 should be lifted in SVG2 (and perhaps, errata'ed in SVG 1.1?)

>> Maybe something little and easy to consider for 2.0? A single valued
>> parameter that does the work of a whole matrix seems like an improvement
>> for
>> authors.

Yes, some syntactic sugar would be easy there.

ED> What Opera does is to use the equations already in the spec for computing
ED> the matrix, they are defined for values outside the 0..1 range too.

Yes, since the equations cover those values its easy to simply lift the 0..1 restriction - certainly in SVG2.

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG