Re: text to path conversion API proposal

On 21/10/11 3:51 PM, Charles Pritchard wrote:
> Cameron, would a measure text method be an appropriate addition to this
> proposal?
> It would return width and dominant baseline offset for the text.

I think that would be a separate proposal, but that kind of information
would be useful to expose, yes.

Note that you can already get the width of a run of text by having it in
a <text> and using getComputedTextLength() and getSubStringLength() on
text content elements:

http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/text.html#__svg__SVGTextContentElement__getComputedTextLength

Baseline information isn't currently exposed.