Re: text to path conversion API proposal

This should work independent of the used font / font type? WOFF, SVG Fonts, OpenType,... for all types? Should this work with texts on paths as well? What do you expect for benefits, when do we need that? I know that Gecko supports it for HTML Canvas, but I never saw an example that uses that. I should mention that it would be very hard to implement it in WebKit and some ports may never be able to use that. How do you determine the path segments of a glyph? It must be transformed to SVG Path syntax somehow and I am not sure how we get similar results across implementations for SVGPathSegList.

Greetings
Dirk