Re: Correct usage of cubic Bézier curve command s/S

Satz,

It isn't a reflection in the X axis, it is a coincidence that the example
shows that.  It is a reflection in the sense that the last leg and the next
leg are reflections across the perpendicular at that point in the curve.

To calculate the first control point of a successive s or c add the vector
formed by the last leg of the previous curve to the final point in the
curve.  This produces a tangential 'reflection' and a perfectly smooth
curve with the same degree of 'curveness' at the reflection point.

A simpler way to look at it would be to add the dx and dy of the last
segment of the frame of the previous curve to the final point to get the
first segment of the frame of the next curve.

--
Politicians should wear uniforms like Nascar drivers.
Emblazoned with their corporate sponsors.