Re: Revisiting SVG Fonts

On 11/2/11 8:22 PM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com
> <mailto:chuck@jumis.com>> wrote:
>
>     Mozilla has not responded in this thread, though their coders have
>     posted on the web several times.
>

> I'm strongly in favour of supporting some kind of SVG glyph table in
> OpenType fonts, with animation (but not scripting) enabled.

A mixed-format format could be rapidly developed and tested in
SVG+ECMAScript on the client side with browsers that support SVG Fonts.
Many devs have used JS to parse binary.

The browser supporting SVG Fonts enables faster prototyping and development.

Would Mozilla be supportive of SVG Font development if other vendors
were supportive of OpenType w/ SVG glyph tables?

I'd like to see both. I use the former a lot in development and the
latter would be nice for deployment.