Re: HTML5 how to indicate missing content: inline SVG & .svgz?

My understanding is that there ought to be some automatic detection for gzip encoding in svg--- I know that data-URL encoded svgz takes on the same content type as svg.

I've not checked in IE-- I've had mixed results in Chrome-- for support of svgz on the local file system.