Re: SVG Compositing + 3D Transform

As you can tell, the combination of transform, z-index and compositing is
currently not well specified.
SVG compositing has concepts like the canvas and enable-background while CSS
has concepts like 3D and z-index.

One of the stickiest points is 'enable-background: accumulate' where the
background is pulled in during the compositing operation. As you and Robert
O'Callahan point out, this will be hard when subsequent content will be at a
lower z-index.
Maybe we just need to get rid of this concept and introduce a new
'create-new-canvas' keyword. Also, every group with a comp-op would
implicitly have this new keyword.