Re: Filters spec: CSS vs SVG

On Wednesday, May 4, 2011, 11:29:45 PM, Rik wrote:

RC> Thank Erik!I didn't know that this was a replacement for the current spec.

RC> So far, I think these are the following proposed changes:
RC> - remove section 6, the filter effects region
RC>  - remove backgound-image and background-alpha
RC> - remove section on the enable-background keyword
RC> - change default behavior of an unknown filter to 'ignore' instead of the 'null filter'
RC>  - remove filters that create an image and move them to the
RC> image-values spec (ie feTurbulence)
RC> - remove the feComposite filter and replace with the CSS/SVG compositing spec

Given that your first sentence quoted above makes clear that you understand that this is a replacement spec that covers both HTML/CSS as well as SVG (and SVG/CSS) usage - please provide an analysis of the impact of such *radical* changes to existing on existing uses of SVG filters.

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG