Re: Use case for SVG + HTML : Making puzzle

> I'm not sure I understood your question right, or if it is bare
> provocation, but I'm pretty sure of the answers you might get on this
> mailing list :
> Stick to the standards. Then find workarounds for the various buggy
> browsers (in the form of feature/bug detection. not browser sniffing).

There is no provocation here. At first glance, this demo was targeting
Firefox. But you're right and I fixed this point. Now, the CSS is cross
compatible with Firefox and standard compliant.

However, at that point, I have to said that using the SVG 'use' element in a
SVG+HTML context is a mess. The implementations are not very accurate
(especially in Firefox) and there are to much unpredictable and counter
intuitive side effects with the HTML elements.

Still, even with this first small fixe, there are still issues with Opera
(something odd with canvas that are not painted in pieces) and Chrome (which
does not honor the CSS cascade when a piece has the "lock" class)

Jeremie