Re: Minutes Paris F2F day 1 (September 3, 2010)

On Friday, September 3, 2010, 8:57:05 PM, Jeff wrote:

JS> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 9:29 AM, Anthony Grasso
JS> <anthony.grasso@cisra.canon.com.au> wrote:
JS>
JS>    [NEW] ACTION: Anthony to Check if report generation for the test
JS>    suite is working and report back [recorded in
JS>    [50]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/03-svg-minutes.html#action05]
JS>   [NEW] ACTION: Chris to Run the tests on Firefox on Windows [recorded
JS>    in [52]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/03-svg-minutes.html#action07]
JS>    [NEW] ACTION: Cyril to Run the tests on GPac [recorded in
JS>    [53]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/03-svg-minutes.html#action09]
JS>   [NEW] ACTION: Doug to Run the tests on Safari on Mac [recorded in
JS>    [56]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/03-svg-minutes.html#action06]
JS>    [NEW] ACTION: Erik to Run the tests on Opera [recorded in
JS>    [57]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/03-svg-minutes.html#action08]
JS>   [NEW] ACTION: Tavmjong to Run the tests on Inkscape [recorded in
JS>    [60]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/03-svg-minutes.html#action11]
JS>

JS> Hey, does this mean I can soon stop maintaining my stupid spreadsheet? Please say yes. :)

[NEW] ACTION: JSchiller to Run the tests on Chrome [recorded in
    [61]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/03-svg-minutes.html#actionnn]

JS> Either way, can you clarify what the report generation, etc will
JS> look like / will cover and clarify its purpose ?  I can offer to help in some way...

An implementation report on SVG 1.1 Second Edition. Much like you  have been doing except for a larger set of tests than the now rather elderly public release. The WG will agree on the set of approved tests (some are still disputed or uncertain or have known flaws). We will likely make a new public release of that set, so that there is a stable base for testing.

JS> What versions of the browsers will you show (officially released,
JS> betas, whatever the browser vendor sends you?)

The latest good one. The one that passes the most tests.

JS> No action to test in IE9? Chrome? Chrome Frame? SVG Web?

See above :)

People to whom we could assign those actions were not present that day. But yes we would expect Patrick to test IE9 for example. And we will test SVG Web, certainly (we have a special test harness to make that easier).

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG