RE: Should svg work in less strict html5 documents with an html mime-type?

If it matters, I'm not using any javascript insertion.
And here is an actual code example from the tests I made: one using html and html 5 docytype; one using xml with xhtml and svg namespaces.
The html fails in Opera (of course), but work in Firefox 4 nightly.

BTW, thanks for all the replies.  The situation does make sense ... and I can understand some browsers not implementing it yet.

I just figured I'd provide this one last example so it was perfectly clear what I meant.  -- although there's not much else to discuss about it. :)

Kevin