Re: Allowing path data to start with any segment type

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 9:32 AM, Alex Danilo <alex@abbra.com> wrote:

>        I think this is an extremely bad idea. Akmnost every graphics
> language
> in the world requires some form of moveto as the first thing when drawing
> polylines, paths etc.

So there's precedent, but precedent alone isn't a very strong argument here.
If people are used to always providing a moveto as the first path component,
they can continue to do that with Jonathan's proposal and everything will
work.

       If authors are that silly and don't realize their mistake they need
> to RTFM IMHO.

A well-designed language minimizes the amount of RTFMing.

AFAIK the only significant argument against changing this is that it
introduces potential interop problems with existing UAs for only a small
gain. But the next time we extend path syntax, I think we should definitely
start allowing non-movetos as the first component.

Rob