Re: SVG views in values lists

Chris Lilley:
> On Friday, May 7, 2010, 11:35:43 AM, Dr. Olaf wrote:
>
> DOH> This was my impression too, because it appears within the part of the
> DOH> fragment identifier.
> DOH> Because this is presumably the only case, where such a conflict
> DOH> appears  in SVG, the SVG-WG could add some hint for authors and
> DOH> implementors for this case either already to the SVG 1.1 second
> DOH> edition, as a proposed errata or at least to an new version ...
>
> This was discussed at todays call, and we agreed that the semicolon did
> indeed clash with the lists separator.
>
> We decided to add authoring advice that URIs used in such lists should have
> any semicolons escaped (for example with an NCR).

NCR? maybe a good idea to add an explicite example for authors not used to
escape techniques and advanced abbreviations ;o)

> Would that address your concern?

Sure, sounds good for the SVG related problem.

Presumably the other case with entities is theoretically no problem, because
they should be replaced with the expansion, before the viewer interpretes the
lists?
For example: values="&item1;;&item2;;&item3;"
Authors like me try this, in doubt just to see what happens in viewers ... ;o)

> We also added ACTION-2784
> Create Test Case for Animating SVGFragmentIdentifier

Yes, nice test issue ...

> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2784

Olaf