Re: SVG Fonts [...]

Currently, Canvas doesn't have a concept of a path string.

It'd be helpful in some minor situations  (to be able to run..
fillPath("M0 0..... ", x,y), strokePath,);
but it's just syntactic sugar.

I'd love to see a text to path data API for Fonts.
Such APIs are often intentionally obscured to protect the copy rights of
font authors.

getGlyphOutline a la java.awt, or something like it, would certainly
satisfy my needs
for font manipulation.

Is there any precedence in current SVG drafts for such data handling?
Is that something more of a computed style, in CSS?

<text id="test">String</text>
pathData = test.getComputedStyle('svgpath');

Any chance of us firming up an API while we're here?

-Charles