Re: [css-style-attr] SVG WG comments on CSS Styling Attributes Level 1

On 8/25/10 5:25 AM, Alex Danilo wrote:
> Modal?
>
> You're kidding right.
>
> Here we go, quirks mode, modal CSS parsers.

Well, that's what happens when two different groups specify syntax that
is almost but not quite identical and you want to support both syntaxes.
  You have the choice of writing two separate but very similar parsers
or one parser with a mode switch.  I'm not sure what you complaint is,
exactly.

> The web browser of 2020 will likely contain 1 million modal parsing and
> layout modes

I think most people who write UAs are working rather hard to avoid that.
  Some smaller fraction of those who write specs is doing likewise.

> Some days I wonder if the lunatics are really running the asylum...

This is the web.  It's "run" by people who write web pages, by and
large.  What you think of them is up to you.

-Boris