Re: SVG Feedback on HTML5 SVG Proposal

Henri Sivonen wrote:

> When users want to browse to the same pages on their phones that they
> browse to on their desktops, the value of mobile profiles is defeated.

I suspect the mobile phone operators are more interested in SVG as a
vehicle for premium content; they probably don't like the idea that
users might find equivalent content for free on the more general web.

The market may push them to providing more general browsers, but that
will be as full browsers, not as extensions to mobile SVG.

--
David Woolley