Re: Comments on CSS Transitions

Cameron McCormack wrote:
> IIRC in Batik I implemented getting of underlying CSS values by removing
> the animated property from the override style sheet, getting the
> computed value, then re-adding the property to the override style sheet.

The problem is that technically speaking, per the definition of the
override style sheet in the CSSOM specs, this should trigger animations
as you do it.

I think the only sane way to proceed, for what it's worth, is to assume
that any time SMIL talks about the "override stylesheet" it doesn't mean
the CSSOM concept of override stylesheet but rather some magical thing
that affects computed values in a special way and doesn't affect
specified values at all.  Or something.

-Boris