Re: SVGt 1.2 Tests: event name space URI in udom-event-202-t

* Kalle Raita wrote:
>In the SVGt 1.2 uDOM specification event has member called
>namespaceURI, which seems to be directly copied over
>from the DOM specification. It is directly linked to method
>initEventNS() of Event interface.
>
>Now, the SVGt 1.2 uDOM does not have method initEventNS()
>or anything like that in the Event interface. So, member
>namespaceURI seems to be totally useless and should be always
>set null. Is this the correct interpretation? If not, I don't
>understand why test case udom-event-202-t checks that the
>namespaceURI is null.

There is also no method to create an event object in the first place,
only implementations can create and initialize event objects. What the
namespaceURI attribute is set to by the implementation depends on the
event type. Most existing event types have no associated namespace, but
future ones (e.g., extensions specific to some implementation) might.
(I haven't looked at the test, there may well be something wrong with
it, but your characterization above is not.)