Re: Comments on SVG Tiny 1.2

Hi, Felix-

The SVG WG is happy to work with you on this.  We apologize for the
delay in getting back to you, but we wanted to sufficiently review the spec.

We believe that ITS should be available for all 'text content' elements
[1], which in SVG 1.2 Tiny are 'text', 'tspan' and 'textArea'; for SVG
Full, this will include 'textPath' (and possibly others TBD).  We also
agree that it's appropriate for 'title', 'desc', and sometimes
'metadata'.   An interesting question is whether it is needed for
'script' elements; in many cases, there are strings in script that
should be translated, but the great majority of script should not.

We will provide you with more feedback once you finish the first draft.

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20051207/intro.html#TermTextContentElement

Regards-
-Doug Schepers