Re: dilemma of cache: two types of image

David,

copyright is a red-herring, all the images we use are public domain.

furthermore those people who provide images in feeds, presumably
understand and intend them for repurposing by 'others'.
afaik there are no feed readers that display images.

similar arguments apply to your ethical case.

the fact is that our users and many people would benefit from being
able to simply embed these types of information into their own
resources.
hence the development of feeds...

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd