Re: Applying SVG properties to non-SVG content

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 2:32 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:
>
>> I can't say that I have a strong opinion on this, but I believe it clashes
>> with this: http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/linking.html#LinksIntoSVG

Thinking about it more, arguably that section is inconsistent in spirit with
the preexisting usage of fragment references in SVG 1.1 to identify paint
servers, filters, clip-paths, masks, <use> and <feImage> [1]; in all those
cases, the rendering of the referenced subtree is not affected by effects
defined on ancestors. It's a bit disappointing to see that change now.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/filters.html#feImage

Rob
53:5-6]