Re: How to provide titles and descriptions in a second language?

Jonathan,

On 7/2/08, Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com> wrote:

> my accessibility concerns are far removed from this issue, though naturally
> I welcome your suggestions.

Your email suggested that user agents did not display a tooltip (though
Opera, in fact, does).  Thus, I assumed you were interested in getting this
evaluated and fixed across browsers.  One step in this direction is to
generate a test suite that identifies what browsers should be doing, opening
and tracking bugs, etc.  I was hoping you could help in this regard.  Can
you clarify why your concerns are "far removed from this issue" ?

as expressed better elsewhere, I believe there is a structural fault within
> W3C whereby ordinary naive users are excluded from the process.

As expressed by Doug, the SVG IG is an attempt to engage all users, naive or
otherwise.  I hope you plan to participate.

One intermediate goal for the SVG Working and Interest Groups would be the
> creation of an SVG microformat.

I'm not sure I understand the logic here.  Perhaps you can expand your
argument on the SVG IG wiki as to why you think a microformat is necessary
and what it would include?

> I am willing to assist further in respect of these issues.

Can you clarify what you mean here?  Are you saying that if the SVG IG does
not agree to pursue creating a SVG microformat that you are not willing to
participate?  Again, it would help if you clarify your argument for the SVG
microformat (a wiki page is better forum for this, in my opinion).

Thanks,
Jeff