Re: getNumberOfChars(), 16-bit units, and Acid3

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008, Cameron McCormack wrote:

> That should be treated just like multiple-character glyphs (like
> ligatures), i.e. getStartPositionOfChar(firstSurrogate) ==
> getStartPositionOfChar(secondSurrogate), and same for
> getEndPositionOfChar().

Ah, ok, cool. Glad to know there's precedent, too (with the ligatures
stuff).

I've updated the test. You may wish to examine it to make sure it is still
correct, since you wrote it. :-)

> > Is there an errata I can look at?
>
> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/repository/errata/errata.xml#svgtextcontentelement-getnumberofchars

Awesome, thanks.

Please let me know when you have text for the other methods too, so I can
check the test is consistent with those.

Please do make these errata public as soon as possible; testing things
that aren't even in a spec yet, let alone an errata that came out after
the test, is not something I would like to make a habbit of. :-)

Cheers,