Re: Whether to display inner or outermost <title>?

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 3:22 AM, Jonathan Chetwynd
<j.chetwynd@btinternet.com> wrote:
> 2 points,
> 1. regarding the subject: Whether to display inner or outermost <title>?
> what is the objection to the proposal that only the outermost title should
> be displayed?

To clarify, I fully disagree with the concept of generally using the
outermost <title>.  That would negate the ability to describe items at
a deeper level., since the outermost one would always be displayed.

My suggestion is for user agents to not go into shadow content (i.e.
content referenced by a <use>) if the <use> has a title on it.  A
proposal with which I thought you were in agreement.  It certainly
solves your 'bowl of fruit' use case.  And Doug seemed to express
agreement also:

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:
> Hi, Jeff-
>
> Indeed I did read it, and I think that your algorithm is simple and
> effective.  I plan to use it in some proposed wording on the topic.  I'm
> sorry I didn't respond before... but it's definitely on my list of todos.

Regards,
Jeff