Re: I can't seem to host svg files...

Hi, kizzume-

kizzume wrote (on 9/28/2007 3:19 AM):

> Is this something you can tell if you try to look at the file, because I
> really truly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

You can tell by trying out the URL in Web-Sniffer [1].  Think of it as a
validator for server configuration, if that helps.

In this case, your server seems not to know about SVG, so it tells the
browser that it's sending it a text file.

>  All I know
> about the kind of server I have is that it holds files.  I log in with
> FireFTP, create directories, and upload files.  It's one I pay a yearly fee
> for.  That probably doesn't tell you anything though.
>
> The server is not an application server--it just holds files.

It's usually easy to fix this problem... instructions are on the SVG
Wiki [2].

By the way, this list, www-svg, is an W3C forum to discuss issues with the
SVG Spec. For questions about development details and such, you should post
to the very active,  friendly, and helpful list called SVG-Developers [3].

[1] http://web-sniffer.net/
[2] http://wiki.svg.org/MIME_Type