Re: @role in SVG

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 14:29:50 +0200, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:

>>  Cool! I thought about this too and I don't think there's much harm in
>> simply allowing role= and all the aria-* attributes on SVG elements as
>> well. They don't bring any associated DOM interfaces with them
>
> That's what I was thinking too, which leads me to believe this could be
> integrated as early as possible into SVG 1.2 (maybe even Tiny).
>

>> and it only makes things easier for authors.
>
> And users, yup.
>

>> It would be pretty trivial to
>> modify the ARIA proposal for HTML5 to make it suitable for SVG as well.
>> As some kind of add-on to both (X)HTML and SVG.
>
> Sounds great.  Let's follow up on that... at the Tech Plenary, perhaps?

As currently specced in the ARIA Proposal, ARIA can be used in SVG as
follows:

    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
         xmlns:h="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
         xmlns:a="http://www.w3.org/2005/07/aaa">
     <circle h:role="checkbox" a:checked="true" .../>

The suggestion here is to instead use:

    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
     <circle role="checkbox" aria-checked="true" .../>

Correct?

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software