Re: SVG, RDF and Clipboard Operations for the Web 1.0: Copy, Paste, Drag and Drop.

Hi, Jonathan-

First, I wonder why you posted this to www-svg, as it is a WebAPI
specification, and only peripherally related to SVG...

~:'' ありがとうございました。 wrote:

> Charles and Doug,
>
> I'm disappointed that you both 'forgot' to either point me to, or
> acknowledge the contributions made by me to Clipboard Operations for the
> Web 1.0: Copy, Paste, Drag and Drop :-(.
>
> I did raise the issue of copying and pasting SVG with you both and
> Chris, many years ago**

Huh?  I don't remember having any such conversation with you (which is
not to say we might not have chatted about it on IRC).  And why would I
send you a memo on what specs I'm working on, since by your own
admission, you don't "look for or at specs"?

It wasn't our idea to create this spec, we're just doing what needs
doing.  And it wasn't your idea to make drag&drop/copy&paste content on
the Web... I think IE and the other browser vendors beat you to the
punch, there.

> I also note that there is no mention of RDF.
> as you will know there is good evidence from microformats that copying
> and pasting metadata or links to metadata is gaining popularity.
> It might be helpful if W3 developed documentation describing how this
> might be achieved with RDF*.
>
> *my apologies if there is a separate RDF copy and paste document, I
> rarely look for or at specs due to the language and presentation
> employed.

The spec discusses a "structured content" mode, which should work
equally well for RDF, microformats, or any other kind of markup.  IIRC,
we also talk a bit about behavior regarding links.  Both these sections
will probably be fleshed out more, if you care to make constructive
comments to the WebAPI list.

> hoping to catch up with you both in a f2f in the near future, make sure
> to be fully alert and armed.

Should I be calling the W3C Secret Police?

Regards-
-Doug