Re: MetaData SVG

On Monday, February 26, 2007, 3:49:16 PM, Thibaud wrote:

TE> Hello Everybody,

TE> Fotolia (www.fotolia.com) will soon announce the launch of a vector
TE> bank. The specificity of this vector bank is that only SVG format will
TE> be accepted.

Interesting.

TE>  We already accept images (JPG) and we use IPTC metadata to
TE> embed information within images (title, keywords etc). We are looking
TE> for the best way to do the same with SVG. Which data structure do you
TE> think will be the best for SVG format ?

Use exactly the same IPTC metadata
http://www.iptc.org/IPTC4XMP/
so that a search does not need to care whether the media are JPG or
SVG.

Place it inside an svg metadata element.
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/metadata.html#MetadataElement

see also http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/metadata.html
for more background.

Note that as long as the content is well formed, nothing needs to be
done to 'hide' the metadata. In particular you don't need to comment
it out or escape it.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead